Monday, March 8, 2010

36 Weeks

Last week Jonas and I returned home after spending 9 days on the Island. It was very refreshing to be back home and I got a few opportunities to rest and enjoy some massage/cranial sacral sessions. It was great to catch up with everyone and also celebrate Jonas' 3rd birthday with family. We ended up having two different cakes/parties while on the Island and then another cake/party with his LRH friends. I hope Jonas doesn't expect to have 3 parties everytime he has a birthday!

I have felt much stronger and healthier over these past 3 weeks than I had for the previous month. With those two back to back colds I had, I almost felt like I would go into labour early because of my exhaustion. Yet after a visit with my Naturopath and following through with several of her suggestions and treatments, I am feeling great these days.

The baby has been in the same position for as long as I can remember. Kicks on the left side, back on the right side. The head has been engaged for a few weeks now, so I am hoping that it is in the best position possible for both my pelvis and the big exit. Hiccups are common throughout the day and as always the Braxton Hicks are on top of each other. I am now becoming abit swollen in the hands and feet and still suffer from some restless leg at night. My pelvis is often sore and feels very loose and expanded. I usually stop to rest because of pain here and there and not because of fatigue. My energy is great and I just went through several days of extreme nesting. I was never like this with Jonas - maybe abit of nesting, but this time I am an organized freak. Everything is ready to go, including my hospital bag. It could still be another month until labour, but I just felt a very strong need to get everything ready. I do not want to be surprised with labour. I just want to be ready for when the baby decides to make its way out. I am so excited to begin this labour and am so anxious to meet the little baby that has already become a big part of our family. I think I will have to dedicate a whole post to Jonas's excitement about the baby. I didn't think he would be so interested and involved with the baby before it has even arrived, but he is absolutely fascinated. I guess my bulging belly also helps to remind him all the time of the baby growing inside.

Indeed this 2nd pregnancy has been very similar to my first one and yet it is so different on so many levels. I have loved and enjoyed them both so much and have really appreciated the differences and uniquness of both pregnancy experiences. Of course each pregnancy seems to have presented different difficulties and adjustments - there have been difficult times during each and I also expect that after this birth everything will be entirely different again compared to when Jonas was a newborn, I am looking forward to the birth but I am also resting and enjoying the moment.



36 weeks...

No comments: