Monday, March 22, 2010

38 Weeks



I am ready and waiting. I've done everything I need to do to prepare for this new baby. The head is halfway down my pelvis and I am drawing my focus inward. I actually did a visualisation of the birth the other day - not what would be the perfect birth, but more the stages of labour and the sensations my body would go through as it worked with the baby to bring it down, open the cervix, release more great hormones and finally ease the baby out. It was simple. It made me smile. I think going into labour is always a surprise. With Jonas I wasn't expecting it when it started at 39 weeks and once I realized what was going on I was so giddy with excitement! This time around I am finding that I am really looking for signs of labour and wondering each day if this is the day that we will all meet the new baby.

I met with one of the back up Midwives today for my weekly visit. I did some complaining of my soreness and told her that I don't ever remember being this uncomfortable in the pelvis for the first pregnancy. I am also having alot of rib pain which was never an issue with Jonas. In all honesty I am sore and tired. My body is beginning to feel depleted. But then some days I wake up with lots of energy. Its like a physical rollercoster rather than an emotional rollercoaster. My one main hope is that I am as well rested for this birth as I was with Jonas'.

Through some bloodwork I have learned that I am now iron deficient and my ferratin levels are getting low. Maybe that is the reason for the increased fatigue and low moods these past few days. Funny about the iron because I have been craving my old green smoothies lately and have begun to blend and freeze batches of spinach, kale and parsley to make easy smoothies after the baby comes. I also made some energy balls with Jonas tonight (almond butter, agave, goji berries, cherries, sunflower seeds etc).

So tonight my feelings are that I am ready and waiting. Excited to meet the baby. Looking forward to moving about freely, running, chasing Jonas, hot yoga and everything else I can't physically do at the moment.

1 comment:

Momma Bri said...

So excited for you Valerye! Any day now!!!! Thinking of you...
PS. What do you put in your green drinks??? Sounds healthy...I could use that recipe!!! :)