Friday, June 11, 2010

10 Weeks

The 3 month growth spurt is probably upon us. Although Karina is 10 weeks I am very certain she is having a growth spurt. With the continual feeding last night and all day today I was actually able to peal myself out of bed by noon in order to eat and get dressed. I was actually up at 6AM this morning, which is very early in this house. No one usually gets out of bed until 7:30 - but today I got out of bed after a big Karina feed because I knew she would want me back in bed for another feed and perhaps her dad could keep her asleep a little longer with his presence next to her. I was back in bed by 9AM where I snuggled and fed Karina and drifted in and out of sleep. I swear my nipple was in her mouth the whole time...

So I had an hour to myself where I sipped coffee and blogged. It was quite nice to sit back in a quiet house and enjoy the time to myself. After having used a bodem for our coffee for years and breaking two in the month that Karina was born, we invested in a nice coffee machine. Each night I pregrind and preset the machine to 7AM, so that when Jordan rolls out of bed when Jonas wakes up, he is greeted with some nice coffee - its like a little 'I love you for getting up with Jonas' coffee. Mind you, I am usually up within half an hour of Jordan and Jonas getting out of bed.

As I type this, Karina has slept in the Baby Bjorn for the past hour. She has now woken up and is trying to have a conversation with me. I love that she is more awake and aware now. She loves, as Jonas did, babbling and smiling at me as we have a 'conversation'. So sweet. I am loving my time with my little baby girl. She will grow up too fast and I already know that.

No comments: